I’m relatively new to avocado, since doing The Daniel Plan at the start of 2016, but I’m a complete convert! I love it and making my own guacamole to keep in the fridge (2-3 days covered) gives a taste of avocado goodness without all the time-consuming prep… This recipe fills a dessert bowl (2 good servings for me or enough for a sharing bag of tortilla chips)
- 1 Avocado, stone removed and flesh scooped out with spoon (discard skin)
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- a squeeze of lemon or lime juice (about the juice from half a fruit, hand-squeezed)
- 3-4 Coriander (Cilantro for our American chums) sprigs with toughest part of stem removed
For Handmade (gives texture):
- Mash the ripe avocado flesh with the back of a fork
- Finely chop the Coriander leaves
- Add seasoning and coriander to avocado and stir
For Smooth Guacamole:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or smoothie maker and pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
To spice it up a bit you can add a pinch of cayenne or paprika, or you could add a chopped (de-seeded) jalapeno or a couple of red onion rings. The Pioneer Woman just adds homemade salsa to avocado, so that adds a tomato layer too, which tastes fab!
For the Chips:
I sometimes make my own, you can get the recipe here (unless Chilli Heatwave Doritos are on sale 😉 ) but today I had a free sample from Sainsbury’s home delivery of these…..
They are yummy! They start quite sweet, like sour cream flavour…then the heat of pepper and the hint of citrus…will go brilliantly with guacamole ….and they were free!!! Thank you Sainsbury’s!
Happy snacking peeps 🙂 x
4 thoughts on “Guacamole and Tortilla Chips”
My daughter has just come home from school having made red Thai Chickpea curry…and those free Manomasa chips taste even better dipped in that!….I’m proud of my budding chef 🙂