Had no idea this existed or that I was nominated by the amazing Cobs from The Cobweborium Emporium (until I read her blog, which was great as usual!) Thanks so much Cobs, I’m looking forward to answering these questions!
The Rules of the Award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
So Cobs’ questions (and my answers) are:
- Is there one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but still haven’t done it? There’s lots, but I promised teenager that when she was big enough we’d go and ride the big ones at Alton Towers…so I guess I need to get on that (as she’s 5′ 6″ already) !
- What is your guilty pleasure? I feel no guilt. I will listen to any type of music and try any film, so not those. One thing I wouldn’t readily admit to other Minecraft parents, (well I guess I am now) is that while I moan about her watching too many Minecraft YouTube videos, I got sad when she watched a Building Time without me (Stampy and Squid building against the clock)… feel free to Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about, but it is slightly addictive and very random….you have been warned!
- Who would be your dream dinner date? Mr. B (I know, cheese-fest, but it’s true!) We haven’t had many dinner dates as we spent at least half of these first 15 years in financial difficulty where some birthdays and anniversaries were so tight that a card seemed lavish! (If you were after my celeb crush… Hugh Jackman, no question! Preferably in Van Helsing gear, or at least Wolverine…he’s far too tidy in real life!)
- Do you have a favourite film? Probably the Jurassic Park/World lot! I’m a dinosaur nerd! (And not very girly!) As a teenager I’d have said Twister (any natural disaster film really)…so action definitely the genre for m ase!….. Unless you ask me after September, then it’s Muppet Christmas Carol!
- Do you have a favourite TV programme? None are on TV any more (but between Amazon, Netflix and YouTube, I still get my fair share!) Firstly, Jonathan Creek….grew up watching all the TV detectives with my Grandma, love the lateral thinking and have passed this obsession on to my daughter! Secondly, Downton Abbey, I mean who doesn’t (And if you’re missing them, quite a lot of the cast have been in Disney’s live-action films!) Lastly, my funny bone is Red Dwarf! Love Craig Charles (After Hugh Jackman and Alan Davies that is…..Do you think I have a hair fetish…..??)
- If you were given a badge saying: ‘In Charge Of the World but only for 60 seconds’ … what law would you pass or what change would you make in that 60 seconds? Get rid of all nuclear/atomic weapons! (There was a minority party in recent elections campaigning to get rid of the Trident program, while I’d love to (and use the money for good) the fact is that while others have them, we have to be able to defend ourselves, so getting rid of the lot would be great! (If I have some seconds left, I’d also make sure every Child and animal abuser got life imprisonment…and I mean life, not 15 years and early release!)
- You found an oriental looking, corked bottle on a beach. You uncork it and out pops a Genie. He/She grants you 3 wishes. Tell me your three wishes. (no wishing for another wish or two either!) 1. All my family to be in perfect health (don’t like to see them suffering) 2. More kids, love children! 3. Enough money to really help others.
- What drew you into the blogging world? Well I guess the catalyst was taking control of our money and getting out of debt: I discovered lots of frugal living blogs, big shout out to Crystal at Money Saving Mom , but I never thought then I’d be doing it. These last 20 months since we moved I’ve been home and was looking for something I could do from home that might also bring me some income and I thought I’d share what I know about debt, parenting and cooking! It’s great fun!
- Which do you prefer: writing and posting a blog post; or reading other peoples blog posts? I write more than I read, but that’s just a time thing… people like Cobs who make me laugh with their chatty writing, are the ones I enjoy most.
- You’re invited to a posh dinner, this evening. What are you hoping will be served as your Starter? I don’t do posh, I’d be tempted to have loaded nachos and eat with my fingers! …Closest thing to a posh dinner I’ve had was a work’s do and I had a very nice soup (as a veggie this is often my only option, so we’ll go with that).
- … and finally … What is the one thing, above any other, which you just cannot eat, not even if someone offered you a thousand pounds/dollars just to eat a small piece of? Fish with head on (like whole salmon at parties)! My Grampy was a fishmonger and I remember them all still moving as fishermen brought them in and the dead stare in the ice-packed displays… creeped me right out as a kid!
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- I’m an adrenaline junkie: I love roller-coasters and other fairground rides!
- Following on from that, You have to be 16 to do a tandem skydive, I was 16 and 1 week (been waiting since I was 7, when dad did one for charity)!
- I’m a wimp when it comes to scary movies, need hubby or teenager (she’s been braver than me since about the age of 6!) with me to watch them in the dark!
- I love all animals (except jellyfish and peacocks; bad experiences with both!)
- My handwriting is appalling and I hated writing anything at school….funny I should grow up to write a blog! 😉
- I am addicted to cheese: All types, preferably with red grapes and caramelized onion chutney! Seriously, giving up alcohol while pregnant was easy, giving up mould-ripened cheese…sooooo hard!
- I am part 70’s glam-rocker! Not being old enough to have actually done it, but growing up with the music most of my collection is Wizzard/Mud/T-Rex/Sweet and the like 😀
- I am very frugal, but my weakness is stuff for my home…cooking stuff, little signs, candles and cushions, storage stuff….it could strip me of my other budgets if I let it!
- I am a huge fan of Charles Dickens: The man was a genius. I love Victorian stuff and the proud British stance, the use of language and the humour! I also love L M Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series, The Chronicles of Narnia and some Austen. I basically don’t read stuff written in my lifetime!
- I am firmly of the belief that ‘A Cup of Tea is Almost Always the Answer’ (read that on a coaster in a gift shop yesterday, laughed so hard at myself for treating it like the works of Plato!) I. Don’t. Do. Coffee.
- CHRISTMAS is a way of life for me, not just a season or holiday: I love the fact we remember Christ’s birth, I love giving to people, I love the time spent together, the baking, the wrapping, the music….just everything! ‘Although Christmas has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I say it has done me good, will do me good and I say God bless it’ Fred, from A Christmas Carol
Now I have to . . . Nominate 11 blogs …
- Sparkle with UC
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- Jesus Network
- What’s For Dinner Moms
- Glitters & Roses
- Savings Champs
- Cooking Without Limits
- Wish to Dish
- Cornwall Photographic
- Biscuits & Ladles
My Questions for you:
- Who or what inspires you?
- Do you have kiddies (fur-babies included)?
- What’s your favourite meal?
- What’s the most spiritual experience you have had (Not necessarily religious, could be your most tranquil or happiest)?
- What one piece of advice would you give the world?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- What law would you make or abolish if you could?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What do you like best about blogging?
- Do you think businesses should be allowed to make public statements of support for political parties?
- What’s your favourite Holiday/Season (like Christmas, not like Tenerife)?
Don’t forget your random facts, and your nominations too. (see the award rules at the top of this post).
Please note: If your blog is award free please accept
this nomination as a compliment to your blog without
Thanks Cobs for the nomination, thanks in advance to those I’ve nominated (I really do love all your blogs) and thanks to you dear reader if you’ve stuck with it this far! (Give yourself a pat on the back….and if you’ve got the time you could answer my questions too!)
God bless, Have a great day!