A lot of people don’t really understand all this, so I thought I’d share my thoughts on it 🙂
These are the fruits of the Spirit, (found in Galatians 5:22-23) they are the fruit (product of) what the Holy Spirit has done in you….basically the more you work with Him, the better at these you get. While these can be considered gifts from Him, they are not the Spiritual Gifts….
The Spiritual Gifts are found in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 and are as follows:
- Wisdom ~ self-explanatory really, God-given insight/Sage advice
- Knowledge ~ Often in a certain area that God can use
- Faith ~ Everyone has faith but this spiritual level are the type of people who just know they can move mountains or that a person will be healed…no doubt at all.
- Healing ~ People with this gift speak over illness and it goes, sometimes instantly, sometimes over a period of time. This is God working through genuine believers, I’m not talking some con-artist’s floor show, I’m talking real life.
- Miracles ~ Bible full of them, but not often talked about now. Healing seems the most prevalent today, but any type is possible.
- Prophecy ~ Not necessarily a prediction of the future, it can be previously unknown information about something already happening
- Discernment ~ Between good and evil….Your spirit knows when you’re in a bad place or with someone who may be dangerous
- Speaking in tongues ~ this freaks a lot of people out, but it is simply worship, no different to praying or singing, please don’t be scared of it it’s a beautiful thing
- Interpretation of tongues ~ Sometimes someone has a message for others and it needs deciphering for the people who receive it (Like Joseph did with the Pharaoh’s dreams, but with a message in tongues instead)
All of these are available to all in the Holy Spirit, but people often use one the most. Sometimes they happen in worship, sometimes you ask God for them. You get what you need in perfect timing.
There are also roles in the Bible for administration and management of every-day stuff like accounts and buildings…it’s still a God-given role and no less valuable than healing or gentleness.
Lastly, even if you don’t have a personal relationship with God, He still designed you with unique gifts and interests and purpose: You will be the best teacher/road-sweeper/nurse/politician/parent for where you are…. You are best at being you!
Have a blessed day xx
8 thoughts on “Spiritual Gifts”
Reblogged this on Call 2 Witness.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 🙂
Wish someone had explained all that to me so well, years ago 😌
Sent from my Windows Phone
Glad it helped you now x
Faulous post Anna.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Why thank you my lovely friend x