Afternoon Peeps! Sorry for late upload but we had no internet before going to church, but it seems to have rectified itself, so let’s do this.
Definitely a chill in the air this morning! To be expected I guess when 14 weeks today is Christmas Eve!!!!! (Yay! 🙂 ) So I thought I’d share this beautifully spiced jam with you, it smells beautiful and it would make a great Christmas present or addition to your cheese board!
- 1lb 8oz/675g Blueberries
- 8floz/ 225ml freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 1-2 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1lb 2oz/ 500g sugar (regular granulated or jam sugar)
- 6floz/ 175ml pectin (not needed if using jam sugar)
- Place blueberries and orange juice in a large pan.
- Add spices (in a boquet garni if you don’t want the hassle of fishing them out later) and simmer over a gentle heat for about 20mins until the berries are soft.
- Add the sugar and stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil for 3 minutes and add the pectin (if using).
- Remove spices and ladle jam into sterilised jars, cover with waxed paper disc and seal while hot.
- when cool, label and store in a cool dark place (for months if you want!) when open, refrigerate.
- Test the jam after boiling to see if it sets by dropping some onto a chilled saucer. After 30 seconds push the edge to see if the jam wrinkles (skin formed on top), if not then boil a minute more and try again (repeat if necessary).
- I used 1 star anise but added a teaspoon of ground cinnamon with the sugar (I like cinnamon!)
- This makes 3 small jars or one very large one.
- Try switching the fruit…it really is this easy. Enjoy!