Just a quick extra post…
You may have seen in the news that the UK school league tables came out yesterday.
Here’s what you need to know:
- They compare schools within each county giving a decimal score and a label saying whether a school is average, above or below. Find the school you’re looking for and compare it to the average for your area.
- They are usually more up-to-date than Ofsted reports (unless they literally just had inspectors in) but give fewer details. So check the Ofsted report too.
- Like Ofsted reports, you will get a better picture if you find the school’s previous results to see if they’ve been graded up or down (or stayed the same).
- Related to the above, a lower grade doesn’t mean a hopeless school: Unless you see a downward trend in all recent reports or the school is at the very bottom of the list (likely in special measures) then it’s not the end of the world. Get all information before deciding.
- Lastly, trust your instincts and ask around….a bad report might be due to one department that has since been reshuffled. If you’re looking for a school, find out what the community thinks and see for yourself…what works for one may not for another, so go find out!
Hope that helps.
Catch ya later peeps