Strap yourselves in because I’m just gonna turn into the biggest movie geek ever!
2 months from today is the UK release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom!!! Yay! 🙂
I’m going to talk about trailers and potential spoilers, so if you don’t want to know, maybe watch it in June and then come back and read this. 🙂
So what do we know so far?
- Jurassic World 2 will take place on Isla Nublar (the same island as the original Jurassic Park and the first Jurassic World film) so there are bound to be sets, props and dinosaurs we all recognise. But different director (who’s known for horror and natural disaster movies…prepare to be scared!)
- Jurassic World theme park is in ruins and the dinosaurs are ‘free ranging’
- Rexy is still alive and kicking (even though it’s 25 years since the first film)! Yay!
- There are several new dinosaurs to look out for; Baryonyx (in the lava scene), Carnotaurus (Rexy just stood on it in the first trailer) and the hybrid Indoraptor (basically the whole of the second trailer).
- Blue is back! (Raptor Owen trained in Jurassic World)
- The island’s active volcano is going to erupt.
- The bad guy of this movie owns the manor, is involved in the creation of the Indoraptor and somehow connected to the auctioning off dinosaurs in cages… and the creep is played by the actor who was the nice farmer in Babe!! (That makes my head hurt.)
- Jeff Goldblum is back as Dr Ian Malcolm arguing about the rights of created dinosaurs.
- Claire from the first Jurassic World film now runs the Dinosaur Protection Group (DPG) to protect them (click the link for the website they’ve set up) and they want to get the dinos off the island.
- There will be a Jurassic World 3 in 2021!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 (Two perfect trilogies…I hope!)
Things that probably will happen/leaks and theories:
- Rexy or Blue will probably die 😦 Rexy is well advanced in years and Blue is seen in the trailers to be attacking the Indoraptor and receiving veterinary treatment….. There is a theory that if one is killed off they may have offspring to continue the story into the 3rd film.
- Stygimoloch will have a large role (it’s a veggie, so probably more like the Triceratops or Gallimimus in the Jurassic Park films) but it has been featured on the special edition Dr Pepper cans for the film release.
- The toys that have now been released have a web link to get more info…the Indoraptor is confirmed to have echo-location (like bats and dolphins) which means it can see better in the dark than we can and move around without bumping into things…quiet and deadly…I’m Scared!!
What I’m hoping for:
I want to see the dinosaurs roaming the manor grounds (like the wooded scene with the Raptors in the first JW). I’d like Rexy and Blue not to die at all, but if I was going to kill Rexy off for dramatic effect, I’d personally wait until the last film for the sake of symmetry.
I am really curious to see where the dinos go when they are rescued…Isla Sorna (Site B from JP 2 & 3), people’s private land, zoos, open plains?? I hope they don’t just repeat the city scene from the end of JP2 (Lost World). If they take any to the US I’d really love to see Alan Grant return, even if just for a cameo and even if I have to wait until JW3.
So as you can probably tell, I’m kind of excited!! 🙂 🙂 I don’t even have to wait 2 months as they’ve promised another trailer before the end of this month (I believe they want to play it in front of the latest Avengers film in cinemas)!
What do you think? Do you have nostalgic feelings towards the Jurassic franchise? Is this film something you’re looking forward to and are there any plot-points you want to see? I’d really love to talk to you about it so please leave a comment below.
Have a great weekend Peeps!
3 thoughts on “2 Months To Go!! JWFK”