School Holidays and visitors and rain…seems like a normal week 😉
Seriously though, I have 2 or 3 different guests coming this week, or different ages and tastes. So I’ve been thinking about what to feed them.
I always like to do a ‘self-service’ table when we have visitors so people can choose what they like and leave what they don’t….especially when it’s children.
So I thought I’d tell you a few of the things that my visitors would usually find on my lunch table:
- Bread, either a choice of white and brown or some rolls/tortilla etc. (Shop-bought because I live in the real world)
- Ham and cheese…for sandwiches or topping salads/potatoes etc.
- A hot side dish: Baked Potatoes, rice, chips.
- Side salad and/or chopped fruit and veggies…healthy option.
- Quiche, pasties or cooked meat (depending on other dishes these could be hot or cold and can be shop-bought or homemade…find my quiche recipe here)
- Some one-pot meal along the lines of Soup, Chilli, Stew or Huevos Rancheros.
- A sweet treat: Oven Baked Doughnuts, Sponge-cake or Stained Glass Cookies.
What do you lay out for friends? Do you have go-to recipes for entertaining?
Given that list and the shopping and cleaning to do, I best love you and leave you or I won’t be done in time for lunch!
Catch ya later peeps!