Happy Boxing Day Peeps!
Did you all have a lovely Christmas?
We had a great time with family and were given lots of nice things, even the dog had prezzies!
One of my gifts was an Amazon voucher, so like millions of others I will have a look at the sales today. Here are my top tips for sale shopping:
- Family come first. I will not be browsing when my family are awake and hungry. If you go sales shopping with your daughter as a day out you both love, then good for you; Enjoy it! If one of your clan doesn’t enjoy it, don’t go!
- Always stick to the budget! Set a budget for sale shopping like you would anything else (If you don’t have a regular budget yet, start here —-> Why We Have A Budget, Budgeting Basics, Financial Help and Useful Info) Mine, for example, is Amazon voucher + £10 (if I don’t go over on Amazon, I can spend that £10 in town).
- There’s no such thing as a ‘Once In A Lifetime’ deal: This is just a gimmick designed to help you part with your cash. To stop yourself being sucked into these, sleep on it. Have a think about if you really want/need it and if you still feel the same tomorrow, then buy it. If you miss today’s price by doing this, then wait until the next sale or look elsewhere.
- Shop around: My Sainsbury’s regular price on an item can be cheaper than the sale price in Morrisons… or vice versa. It’s the same with bigger ticket items. As a side note, sometimes even online and discount stores aren’t the cheapest…so try literally everywhere.
- Have a list: Lists are not just for boring stuff like cleaning supplies… I have a wishlist on Amazon and one in my notebook of things I want or need, some for pampering myself, some for future projects, some for the home…so if I have some money to spend I’ll see if any of my wishlist items are on sale, then I’m not caught by browsing!
As a bonus bit of info for you, try Martin Lewis’ tips to stop over-spending, about halfway down that page there’s a checklist of questions to ask yourself before buying anything…I love it!
So I hope that helps you to enjoy the sales wisely… I’m off to check my Amazon list and make Cheese Straws before my parents come for lunch 🙂
Enjoy your day!